Terms & Conditions
We’re Plus 2 Group Ltd trading as SofaSkins.com Limited (company number 12573738), a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at Lascelles Hall Road, Huddersfield HD5 0BQ
When you shop with us (or access our website), these terms apply. They’re important for both of us as they set out what we expect from each other, and they also give you helpful info.
We keep these terms updated and we amend them every so often, so remember to check back in before you shop, as the latest set will apply.
To shop with us, you need to:
- be at least 16 years old;
- have a credit or debit card that we accept; and
- be authorised to use that credit or debit card (e.g. it is in your name or you have permission to use it).
PLACING AN ORDER
When you place an order, you should receive an acknowledgement e-mail or SMS confirming receipt of your order. We then carry out a standard pre-authorisation check to make sure there’s enough money on the card.
We only accept your order once payment has been approved and we have debited the payment card (and then the contract is made based on these terms).
You may be able to cancel (not change) your order within a short period of ordering – timings depend on your chosen delivery method (and will be set out in the acknowledgement email). You can’t change your order – you’ll need to cancel (and/or return original item(s)), and re-order.
All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. Don’t worry, if there’s an issue with an order, we’ll get in touch with you.
Very occasionally, we may need to refuse or cancel an order or close or freeze an account (even if we have previously confirmed your order) – e.g. if we notice something unusual on an order or an account. If this happens to you and you think we’ve made a mistake, please don’t take offence – get in touch with Customer Care and they’ll be happy to speak to you about it.
PRICES AND PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
From time to time, we may price up or describe a product or promo wrongly. If we discover an error for any goods you’ve ordered, we will tell you ASAP and give you the option of reconfirming your order (at the correct price) or cancelling it.
If we can’t get in touch with you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you’ve already paid, we will refund you in full.
Prices include VAT (where applicable)
Our registered VAT number is 350 0080 56
Depending on the value of your order or the delivery option or address you choose, delivery costs may also be charged (see below). Such additional charges will be clearly shown during the checkout process and included in the 'Total Cost'.
How long does shipping take?
In order to provide our customers with the absolute best value for their money, we ship our products directly from our manufacturer. This way, we are able to cut out the middle man, which translates to savings directly to your pocket. We ask that our customers allow anywhere between 20 - 40 days for their shipment to arrive, in some cases it may take a little longer.
We work hard to try to meet all delivery times but sometimes there may be delays – e.g. because of postal/carrier delays, logistics or bad weather. We will keep you updated as much as we can and you should be able to track your parcel’s progress.
What is my tracking number
Tracking will be available 1-10 days after your order was placed. If you haven't received your tracking number after 10 days, please reach out to our support team.
Need something else?
Please email us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns you might have. Our support team is on standby seven days a week and will be happy to assist you.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
When you buy something from SofaSkins, we hope you love it. However, should you change your mind, subject to the conditions set out below, you may return your item(s) for a refund.
– Returns need to be announced to firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days after receiving your order. Please include the order number and item name(s) in your email.
– Returns need to be delivered to SofaSkinsin the UK within 28 days after receiving your order.
SofaSkins will refuse returns that are:
– Not timely announced or timely returned.
– Not in perfect condition.
– Unwanted items must be returned in a re-saleable condition. With that in mind, please return all foam inserts and original packaging, including instructions and any other printed material and return all items undamaged and absolutely clean.
– Make sure the items are returned in the same condition you received them in, including the foam inserts, original packaging and instructions
– Please note that used products will not be accepted for return. A product will be considered used as soon as you have used the sofa with the SofaSkin on.
– You can make use of any courier or postal service to get the returned items delivered to us. This is at your own cost and risk.
– If your return does not meet the required conditions, we will not be able to issue the refund and the package will be sent back to you. If an item is returned to us used, damaged or in an unsaleable condition, or where the above instructions have not been followed, we won’t be able to give you a refund and we may have to send it back to you and ask you to cover the delivery costs. Alternatively, we (at our sole discretion) may choose to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of an item.
– Any refund will at maximum be the amount that you have paid to SofaSkins. We will not reimburse any taxes or duties paid to local governments. Nor will SofaSkins reimburse shipping costs that are made for the return shipping.
– If you request a refund for an item during the above time frames but you can't return it to us for some reason, please get in touch – but any refund will be at our discretion.
– We don't accept returns for unwanted items after the relevant returns period above. If you try to make a return, we may have to send it back to you and ask you to cover the delivery costs.
– We strongly recommend you get proof of postage and follow our returns process (to return an item, see here). Link to return form
– We aim to refund you within 14 days of receiving the returned item.
– Faulty items can be returned at any time. Should you receive a faulty item please contact us at email@example.com stating your order number and the nature of the fault.
From time to time, we may give you Promo Codes that you can use to reduce the price of specified products. Remember, it’s up to you to enter the code at checkout!
Here are some key things to remember:
Each Promo Code has its own terms, which will be made clear at the time it’s issued to you (e.g. what products, single/multiple use, when it can be used etc).
If you’re given a unique Promo Code that is meant just for you, please keep it secret and don’t let anyone else use it or abuse it (e.g. don’t post it on social media). If we think there is or has been misuse of a Promo Code in any way (e.g. selling it or sharing it with others), we can cancel your Promo Code and/or suspend or even close your account without telling you.
We don’t like to do this, but if a Promo Code can’t run properly because someone or something is spoiling the fun for everyone – e.g. fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control that affects the running or fairness of the Promo Code – we can cancel, modify or suspend the Promo Code.
What do we do with your information?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at:
We do not store customer credit card details.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
We do not store customer credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s
Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms)
Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
LINKING TO THIS WEBSITE
It’s fine for you to link to sofa-skins.com, as long as you do so in a way that is not-commercial, is fair and legal, and doesn’t damage or take advantage of our reputation.
Please don’t link in a way that suggests any form of approval or endorsement by Sofa\skins where none exists.
Our Website must not be framed on any other site without our permission.
Complaints or need to speak to us?
Occasionally things do go wrong and you may want to get in touch with us. If that happens, please contact our Customer Care team, who will work with you to resolve any issues you’re having with our services:
We have the right to amend, remove or vary our services and/or any part of the Website (including our Ts&Cs) at any time.
These terms and our dealings with you are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.